Normal skin is usually defined as skin that is free of blemishes and excess oil, has no areas of dryness and flakiness, and is generally clear and evenly textured.
However, even if you do have normal skin, you still need to follow a good skincare regime to keep it that way, especially as it ages.
Here are a few simples rules to help maintain your skin’s health.
1. Do use good quality products that don’t skimp on vital nutrients and clinically-tested ingredients. Products in the Solvaderm range are ideal as they only use ingredients that have been tested for safety, quality and effectiveness.
2. Do make sure you follow all the steps required in your daily skincare routine. While it might be tempting to skip the toner or fail to properly cleanse, your skin still needs the benefits these essential steps provide.
3. Do use formulas that contain sunscreen such as the Solvaderm Dermaxsol moisturizer which provides an SPF protection factor of 30. Even on overcast days, your skin needs protecting from damaging UVA rays.
4. Do use a specialty product on areas that need extra help such as the delicate eye area. Eyevage, with its antioxidant-rich formulation, is perfect for keeping signs of aging at bay and improving microcirculation in this area.
5. Do exfoliate on a regular basis to keep the skin pores clear of dead skin cells and debris. Use a good quality exfoliator like Solvaderm’s Glowpeel, which is formulated to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin but not cause irritation or redness like some harsh exfoliants can.
6. Don’t forget to use a separate day and night moisturizer. While a light, lotion formula is great for daytime use, applying a richer moisturizer at night will give added nourishment to keep the skin soft and supple.
7. Don’t think you can get away with eating junk food! Just because you have a normal skin type and are less likely to experience pimples and blemishes, your skin still needs to be fed a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals and good fats.
8. Don’t delay using an anti-aging serum, especially if your skin is beginning to show fine lines and wrinkles. Including a quality anti-aging serum such as Stemuderm into your routine provides peptides that may prevent lines from forming by reducing muscle contractions in the facial area.
9. Don’t underestimate the damage caused by free radicals. We’ve all heard of antioxidants and how vital they are in reducing oxidative stress, but very few of us use products, such as award-winning ACE-Ferulic, that can actually fight this damage and promote skin restoration.
10. Don’t ignore blemishes that may show up from time to time. Treating pimples with a product designed to hone in on the affected area, such as Solvaderm’s Zeroblem, will ensure your clear, smooth skin stays that way.