Managing oily skin can be a full-time job. Maintenance throughout the day is often necessary for a balanced, fresh complexion. Here are some of our favorite tips for taming your shiny face from morning to night.
- Priming your skin from the start is ultra-important. Begin your day by washing your face with a cleansing formula intended for oily skin such as Rejuvoderm. Then apply a thin layer of a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer like Dermaxsol that is designed for oil-prone skin. This will fully hydrate without clogging pores.
- Choose an oil-free foundation. Use a minimal amount, just enough to even out skin tone. You want your skin to be able to breathe as much as possible and avoid a pore-clogging build-up.
- Blotting papers are a great way to refresh throughout the day. These absorbent sheets are designed so you can pat your t-zone as needed to remove excess oil. Keep them in your purse for a quick touch up here and there. If you have none on hand, tissues will have the same effect.
- If the shine is beyond blotting papers but you’re in a hurry, dab your face with a toner-soaked cotton pad. An astringent toner like Maxatone will absorb oil and clarify skin for a clean, polished look. Reapply make-up as needed. You’ll look and feel brand new!
- Heading out for the evening? Washing your face again might be necessary to remove dirt, impurities, and built-up oil. Reapply make-up and be sure to take your blotting papers or pressed powder with you for quick touch-ups throughout the night.
Find similar articlesOily Skin