If you’re in your twenties and early thirties, you want to be proactive about skin aging, which means finding a treatment that uses specific ingredients to prevent the development of wrinkles, particularly along the expression lines where they form first, while maintaining the overall health of your skin.
To do so, find a treatment containing certain peptides that inhibit the repetitive facial muscle contractions, which over time, cause lines around the mouth, across the forehead, between the eyebrows, and at the corners of the eyes. Unlike cosmetic injections that often leave the individual with a frozen expression, these peptides work naturally to keep the muscles relaxed, so even as you age, the skin surface will remain smooth and wrinkle-free. Key peptides to look for include Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, which in clinical studies proved effective at reducing wrinkle depth by up to an incredible 60% in only 30 days.
Maintaining optimal levels of moisture is also essential for wrinkle prevention, as soft, supple skin without any dry, rough areas is less prone to becoming prematurely aged. Squalane and Jojoba seed oil both have powerful moisturizing properties and absorb quickly into the skin without leaving any greasy residue. Jojoba seed oil has the added benefit of soothing irritation, making it perfect for those with sensitive skin, and Squalane is a potent antioxidant, so it supports the long-term health of the skin by neutralizing harmful free radicals.
If, however, your goal is to reduce the severity of existing signs of aging, while also preventing further deterioration, you’ll need a formula that uses specific ingredients to add volume to the skin, optimize hydration, and slow the aging process at a cellular level.
The protein collagen starts to break down as we age, which weakens the structural integrity of the skin and causes looseness, sagging, and wrinkles. A powerful dual-peptide complex, clinically proven Matrixyl 3000 stimulates the production of collagen, creating fullness, decreasing wrinkle depth, and giving the skin a smooth, firm appearance. Hyaluronic acid is an intense humectant that enhances this ‘plumping’ effect by attracting moisture from the air, locking it in to eliminate dryness and provide long-lasting hydration. To help retain a youthful, refreshed appearance over the long term, nothing works more effectively than the anti-aging complex Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture. This scientifically advanced ingredient has revolutionized the skincare industry, as it contains cutting-edge plant-based growth enzymes that protect the health of the skin cells and preserve their longevity.
You’ll find Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, and all the active ingredients mentioned above, in the dermatologist-developed Stemuderm formula. This best-selling anti-wrinkle cream has multiple benefits for individuals of all ages, is suitable for every skin type, and as you’ll see, is easily incorporated into this highly effective anti-aging routine:
- Step 1: Remove dirt, bacteria, and make-up from your skin using a gentle, yet deep cleansing facial wash.
- Step 2: Even if you have a dry skin type, never skip the skin-toning step. Using a toner not only preps the skin for the application of serums and creams, but provides additional benefits such as minimizing pore size, restoring levels of hydration, and creating an ideal pH balance.
- Step 3: Next, apply an anti-aging serum, preferably rich in potent antioxidants such as Ferulic Acid and vitamin C. Lighter, yet more concentrated than facial creams, serums target specific issues, including hyperpigmentation and photo-aging.
- Step 4: If you’re using an eye cream in addition to your serum, dab it around the eye contour, making sure not to pull or drag the vulnerable skin in this delicate area.
- Step 5: Now it’s time for Stemuderm, which with its multi-action formula, ensures that your skin will enjoy maximum benefits every time you use it. Gently massage a small amount of Stemuderm into the face, neck, and chest if required, paying particular attention to areas where signs of aging are already visible.
- Step 6: Once or twice a week, make sure you also exfoliate to clear away the build-up of dead skin cells, increase cellular turnover, and further stimulate collagen production. We recommend using an exfoliating peel comprised of natural fruit acids that will create a healthy glow without ever irritating the skin.